Monday, March 14, 2011

Photoshop


For an in class assignment we were told to create a piece on photoshop, noting carefully the procedures we took to get to our final product. For my piece on photoshop I used two black and white techniques as well as adding a custom gradient layer.  First I opened a photo that I took during one of our class’s nature walks. After this I was a little stumped on where to commence my process, but I decided to start off by using Chanel Mixer which is a way to turn a Color picture into Black and White. So to get here you click on Image, go to adjustment and click Chanel mixer. Then you can manipulate and play around with the Red, Green, and Blue colors. For my constant I decided that the best view of the photo came at 12%, my output channel was mostly red. After this step I used the Hue and Saturation tool to get to this tool you click on layer, go to new adjustment layer, and then Hue Saturation, I moved the hue to +24 and left it at that. Once all this was done I wanted to use a gradient layer, I went to my gradient layer tool and chose the chrome gradient then I dragged the Brown, Gold, and Tan stops all the way to the left so I could only have Blue and White. I used this custom gradient and dragged straight through the middle and I was satisfied with my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment